Monday, February 16, 2015

TOW #19 "Greek Religion" (IRB- 1st half)

                In this book, the author explores different stories and tales that have influenced and expanded the Greek religion. Rather than sticking to the ones everyone seems to already know about, they used ones many haven’t even heard of very often to give more to the topic.  I have always been interested in Greek mythology and this seems like a great way to find out and hear stories I cannot find on Wikipedia. This book may also expand my horizon of topics within Greek mythology and religion. I only have a general knowledge of certain gods, goddesses, and events, and I would love to know more. There are going to be many topics in this book that I have never even heard of -- I can tell just from looking in the table of contents-- so I am looking forward to that. It helps achieve his purpose since he is proving that there is more to Greek religion than most know, because he is using stories that many average readers may not be familiar with even if they thought they were someone that knew a lot about the Greek religion beforehand. So far, this has remained effective and should continue throughout the novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment